The Sociological Review seeks an early or mid-career sociologist to act as Reviews Editor and lead on the development of the reviews section of the journal and website. The role includes:
- The identification of key books for review from across the discipline of sociology and potentially related disciplines;
- Liaison with publishers in order to ensure a good flow of material for review;
- Collection, storage, and distribution of review copies to reviewers;
- Identification of and liaison with reviewers;
- Receipt of reviews and editorial work on submissions in line with standards of the journal;
- Preparation of materials for publication, including reviewing proofs and management of copyright assignment;
- Effective communication with publishers and reviewers in order to ensure maintenance of good relationships;
- Management of work flow in line with timescales of publisher in order to ensure prompt publication of materials;
- Participation in full editorial life of the journal, including preparation of reports, attendance of editorial board meetings, and participation in other events.
- Liaison with digital team to publish reviews on journal website and through social media
Please attach a short description (max 500 words) about what you would bring to the role, as well as ideas for innovations in the book review format. Please send along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30th 2017.